The years 2010 - 2017
Completion of the Eisgrat mountain station with the exclusive exklusive Schaufelspitz resteaurant, the “Zum Steinbock” Café Bar and the “Eisgrat” market with pasta factory and sports shop.
Opening: 30 October 2010 – Ski October Festival with Gitta Saxx, nostalgic skiing and October Festival band
Extension of the Moreboards Stubai Zoo Snow Park by a park base and an area for children and beginners. The area on both sides of the Gaiskarferner T-bar lift is now accessible to snowboarders and freestyle skiers. The winter set-up is shaped daily by Schneestern.
NEW! offer for children: BIG Family Pistenbully riding at the Gamsgarten mountain station on Wednesdays from December onwards.
Extension of the summer offer:
- ++ Viscope telescope on the TOP OF TYROL summit platform, 3,210m
- ++ Eisgrat playground, 2,900m
- ++ Technology showroom at the Fernau mid-terminal, 2,300m
- ++ Eisgrat mountain station in summer
15 million Euros for more service, comfort and new lifts
· NEW! 8-seater Rotadl chairlift
Powerful 8-seater chairlift with weather protection hoods and heated seats as replacement for the 4-seater Rotadl chairlift. Length: 1,355m. Completion: October 2012.
· NEW! 4-seater Daunjoch Chairlift & Daunhill Piste
Makes Daunjoch accessible and the Stubai Glacier ski area even bigger. Length: 1,197m. At the top stations start the black piste called Daunhill (No. 22).
After a two-year long planning and permission phase Doppelmayr starts implementing the project. Altogether 12 million Euros are invested in the four month long building time. Completion: November 2012
- NEW! Powder Department Stubai Glacier
The Powder Department at the Eisgrat top station: the Freeride Checkpoint is meeting place for all freeride skiers. 11 freeride routes in the open ski area are accessible. GPS track download and a freeride map are offered. powder-department.com
- NEW! Schaufeljoch Chapel, 3,150m
At the TOP OF TYROL, directly at the ridge of Schaufeljoch, a 5-minute walk from the Schaufeljoch top station.
- Expansion of the Intersport Gamsgarten: 1,400 square metres of sports; more sales area, new storage depot
- Building of the Schneekristall pavilion: new après ski bar at the Gamsgarten
- NEW! Grilled chicken station: The new BBQ station equipped with a modern, powerful panorama-grill offers delicious, fresh grilled chickens.
Increase Freeride Competence on the Stubai Glacier
- Additional 5 Powder Department Freeride Runs
- Freeride Checkpoint at the Eisgrat and the Gamsgarten
- Freeride Corner at the Intersport Gamsgarten
- Relaunch of the website: Since August 2013 the Kingdom of Snow has presented itself in its new online design. The current homepage offers emotional contents, improved presentation of the information and online bookabilty.
- The GEO magazine ranked the TOP OF TYROL summit platform among the Top 10 Viewing Platforms in the World.
Expansion of the summer programme
- Building of the ice grotto on the Stubai Glacier: Hidden deep in the glacial ice is the ice grotto near the Eisgrat mountain station. 30m below the ski piste is a 150m-long tunnel.
- NEW! Tobogganing on glacial ice also in the summer: a refreshing activity on hot summer days.
- NEW! The Stubai Super Card – one card, many extras! All-inclusive card with the name of Stubai Super Card. Guests staying in one of the 150 partner businesses (status March 2014) get a free Card and can benefit from the many inclusive services from the first day of their stay. Benefits include free rides with public transport and in particular the use of the lifts (Stubaier Gletscherbahn, Schlick 2000, Serlesbahnen and Elferlifte)
- Stubai Glacier Ice Grotto also open during the winter
- Improved Big Family Fun Slope for young and older guests – even more waves, jumps and obstacles.
- NEW! ZOO-SHUTTLE: park lift in the Stubai Zoo snow park for the easy- and medium-line NEW! Bildstöckljoch ski route
- 3S-Eisgratbahn: Planning at full speed. As of autumn 2016 the new 3S Eisgratbahn with an investment sum of 50 million Euros should offer increased convenience to the guests.
- The construction of the new 3S Eisgratbahn is approved. Construction on a new valley station as well as renovations and adaptions of the Fernau mid-station and the Eisgrat mountain station commence.
- The ice grotto is extended to a length of 200m and becomes the number one attraction for summer visitors.
The last ride of the Eisgratbahn
- On 2 April 2016, the Grand Dame, the ZUB Eisgrat, is sent into its well-deserved retirement. The cabins, which were offered for sale already in the previous summer, were sold out within a couple of days. Ski operations continues to 29 May 2016 with the Gamsgartenbahn lift.
- 4 April 2016: The works for disassembling the ZUB Eisgrat begin.
- End of May 2016: Successful first test ride of the new 3S Eisgratbahn on the first section of the new lift line.
29 May 2016: ski operation stops and the final building phase of the 3S Eisgratbahn commences.
22 October 2016: first ride for all guests of the new 3S Eisgratbahn