Tyrolean Ski Area – one of the best Ski Areas in Austria!
Austria’s Biggest Glacier Ski Area
In Austria’s largest glacier ski area winter sports enthusiasts enjoy a quality programme with modern26 cable cars and lifts. Guests from all over the world can get from Innsbruck to one of the most fascinating mountain landscapes of the Tyrol in 45 minutes by car.
35 downhills in the ski area, which is set amidst impressive 3,000m-peaks, offer a perfect challenge for skiers at all levels of ability. Both, beginners and advanced skiers will be delighted at making their turns in natural snow and in finest powder snow. Absolute highlight for very fit skiers: The 10km-long (!) downhill from the Wildspitz mountain station (3,210m) to the valley station (1,750m).
A PARADISE FOR YOUNG AND OLD WINTER SPORTS ATHLETES.
Families appreciate the top resort in the Austrian Stubai Valley for its children-friendly philosophy. In theBIG Family Ski-Camp trained carers lovingly look after the ski kids.
The Tyrol’s flagship ski resort for families also looks after the parents – namely with special conditions. Children to 10 years of age ski for free if accompanied by a paying parent. So it is not surprising that the Stbuai Glacier was crowned being the most family-friendly ski area in the Alps from 2009 to 2013 throughout (ADAC ski guide).
SKIING HOLIDAYS WITH SNOW GUARANTEE – BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.
Quite reassuring – the Kingdom of Snow offers snow guarantee from October to June.
Logically the Powder-Department, a first class Freeride Paradies, is positioned here. Just as is the Snowpark DC Stubai Zoo with a variety of challenges for the young freeride skier and boarder scene.
Delicious prospects for every style ... Exactly! In the world’s highest-located restaurant awarded with 2 toques, the Schaufelspitz restaurant, you can enjoy culinary delights just as in the numerous other restaurants in the ski area.
The Stubai Glacier at a glance:
- The largest glacier ski area in Austria
- 45-minute drive from Innsbruck
- Snow guarantee from October to June
- 26 cable cars and lifts
- 3S Eisgratbahn
- 35 easy to challenging downhills, natural snow guarantee
- Children under 10 years ski for free
The new 3S Eisgratbahn with a length of 4.7 kilometres is the longest lift of its kind in the Alps. Two suspension cables and one pulling cable (3S = tricable) guarantee a maximum of operating steadiness and wind stability. Like previously it is possible to either remain seated at the mid-station or change to the Gamsgartenbahn lift.
The novelties at a glance
- It takes only 11.7 minutes from the base station to the Eisgrat top station
- 24 convenient seats per cabin and eight standing places
- 48 cabins featuring free WiFi, designed by Pininfarina
- Maximum capacity of 3,014 persons/hour
- Large ski storage depot at the new base station
- Fernau ski route down to the valley with a length of 3.8 kilometres
Snow Guarantee for your Ski Holidays
- Snow guarantee from October to June thanks to glacier location
- Freeride Paradise in the Powder Department
- Top conditions in the DC Stubai Zoo Snow Park already in October
Absolute highlight for skiers with good fitness
The 10 km -long (!) downhill from the Wildspitz mountain station (3,210m) to the valley station (1,750m).
Family-Friendly Ski Area
- In the BIG Family Ski-Camp trained carers lovingly look after the ski kids.
- Children under 10 years ski for free if accompanied by a paying adult.
- Crowned being the most family-friendly ski area of the Alps by the ADAC ski guide from 2009 to 2013.