Terms and Conditions
With the purchase of a ski pass, you conclude a transport contract with the WINTERSPORT TIROL AG & CO STUBAIER BERGBAHNEN KG (hereinafter referred to as the Stubai Glacier for short).
The terms and conditions, the tariff conditions, the officially approved conditions of carriage and FIS rules of conduct form the basis for the contract of carriage with the Stubai Glacier.
The Stubai Glacier operates its respective ascent aids, ski slopes, ski routes and fun slopes (hereinafter collectively referred to as "facilities") at its own responsibility and legally independent.
The purchase of a ski pass (= any card of any type that entitles the holder to use an ascent aid) for the Stubai Glacier lifts entitles the purchaser to use the lifts covered by the Stubai Glacier.
1. Service Provision
The provision of services may be temporarily or partially restricted due to technical malfunctions, weather-related influences (e.g. too much / too little snow, storm, thunderstorm, heavy rain, etc.) and the risk of avalanches, force majeure or due to other operating circumstances or government-ordered closings. Due to certain weather and operating conditions or governmental orders, sales and / or transport restrictions may apply. In any case, a reduced range of facilities and slopes can be expected in the off-season.
2. Ski Pass Validity & Misuse
The use of the ascent aids (cable car and lift systems) requires possession of a valid ski pass. The valid ski pass entitles the holder to use all operating facilities within the period of validity according to the tariff and transport conditions and these terms and conditions. The ski pass is not transferable. The subsequent exchange for another ski pass and the change of the validity period are not possible. Ski passes that have not been bought at authorized sales outlets on the Stubai Glacier, lost ski passes and ski passes that are improperly acquired or used will be blocked. Ski passes are only issued on KeyCards. Deposit fee: EUR 2.00. Ski passes are to be shown to the cable car staff or control bodies on request and handed over if required. If access to the data is refused, the data carrier will be blocked and transport refused. We reserve the right to prosecute. Anyone found in the control zone without a ski pass or with an invalid ski pass must pay a penalty in addition to purchasing the day ticket.
3. Ski Pass Refund
In the event of a sports accident, the ski pass must be deposited at one of our ticket offices immediately. A medical certificate from a local doctor is to be supplied by the next day. The days from issue to deposit of the ski pass count as days of use. Multi-day or one-day ski passes will not be refunded. Only the injured's person ski pass will be refunded.
The conditions of carriage of cable cars do not stipulate that ski passes will be refunded or extended if the cable cars cannot be put into operation due to force majeure (e.g. storm, danger of avalanches, state-ordered closure, etc.).
Stubai Glacier Annual Pass and Stubai Annual Ticket incl. Glacier (SMEG)
The Stubai Glacier Annual Pass is valid for one year from the date of issue. Annual Ticket incl. Glacier (SMEG) is valid from 1 November until 1 May of the following year.
In the event of an official closure, border closure or travel warning, the user can request a partial reimbursement of the purchase price of the Stubai Glacier Annual Pass or the SMEG card under the following conditions:
• A compulsory official closure is ordered permanently, i.e. until the planned end of the season.
• An official border closure or travel warning for the whole province of the Tyrol is ordered permanently, i.e. until the planned end of the season.
• If the user has used the Stubai Glacier annual pass or SMEG card for less than 20 days of skiing before the forced closure, border closure or travel warning occurs, he will receive a refund for each unused skiing day (up to this upper limit of 20 days of skiing) in the amount of 1/20th (one twentieth) of the ski pass price per day skiing.
Example: The user has purchased the Stubai Glacier annual ticket for EUR 560.00 and used it on 16 skiing days prior to a forced closure, border closure or travel warning, so he receives a pro rata reimbursement for the further 4 skiing days at EUR 28.00 each, thus EUR 112.00 in total.
• This pro-rata reimbursement is possible up to a maximum of 50% of the cost of the Stubai Glacier annual ticket or SMEG card. For example: With a purchase price of EUR 560.00, no (further) reimbursement can be made beyond a maximum amount of EUR 280.00.
• For 20 or more days of skiing, the Stubai Glacier annual pass or SMEG card is deemed to have been "used" and no partial refund can be claimed.
Reimbursement requests can be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org within 4 weeks of the end of the validity period. After this period has expired, the applications can no longer be asserted and any entitlement to (partial) reimbursement expires.
Tirol Snow Card:
In order to be reimbursed for the Tirol Snow Card, the following requirements must be met: INFORMATION FOR THE TIROL SNOW CARD For any reimbursement, please download this form and bring us the original Tirol Snow Card or send it to Stubai Glacier, attn. Abteilung Kassa, Mutterberg 2, 6167 Neustift. No cash payment possible.
4. Ski Pass Networks
The Stubai Glacier is a member of numerous Pass Networks (Stubai Seasonal Ticket with Glacier (SMEG), Ski plus City Pass Stubai Innsbruck, White 5 Pass, Freizeitticket Tirol, Snowcard Tirol, Alpen Plus Gletscher Card)
The individual services to which these cards entitle are provided by legally independent entrepreneurs. The entrepreneur who sells the card only acts as their representative for the other entrepreneurs. Only the respective entrepreneur is therefore obliged to provide the individual services and to pay compensation in the event of any incidents.
5. Conditions of Carriage
In addition, the conditions of carriage of the individual cable car and lift companies (as posted at the lifts) apply.
Gondola lifts are authorized to transport passengers and winter sports equipment. No transport of flying devices or bicycles.
Chairlifts are authorized to transport passengers with winter sports equipment buckled up. These are: alpine skis, monoski, snowboard, swingboard (swingbo) with bindings, cross-country skis, firn gliders, skibob with short skis, bockerln with short skis, snow scooters.
T-bar lifts are authorized to transport passengers with winter sports equipment buckled up. These are: Skibob, monoski, snowboard, swingboard (Swingbo) with bindings, short skis, cross-country skis, special sports equipment for the disabled. Appropriate practice is required. If the safety with the special device is not guaranteed, there will be no transport!
6. Skiing on, entering or using blocked facilities is prohibited and punishable. Violations can result in the withdrawal of the ski pass without replacement as well as liability and criminal penalties.
7. From the last inspection run immediately after the last ascent, the ski slopes and ski routes are closed, among other things, due to the dangers arising from the maintenance work (use of snow groomers, winches, snowmakers, exposure of cables and hoses, work on fences and control systems, etc.). During these blocking times, there is no safeguarding against hazards. Instructions of the employees of the Stubai Glacier, which are given in the interest of avoiding dangerous situations, must be followed without restriction.
8. FIS Piste Rules
The FIS rules apply to every skier and snowboarder. Anyone who violates the rules and causes an accident can be held responsible for the consequences under civil and criminal law.
9. Powder Department Runs (Freeride Routes)
The Freeride routes (runs) described in the Powder Department section are not part of what our ski area offers - they are off-piste areas (wilderness). For this reason, there are no safety measures for these areas. There are especially no checks and no areas are closed. Any measures taken are on a completely voluntary basis or are outside of our sphere of influence; this does not mean that we are obliged to carry out these measures in the future. It may not be assumed that similar measures will be carried out in the future, nor may it be assumed that the area is currently safe because measures that were in place have now been ended. To the contrary, the ski resort operator will never indicate to expect safe conditions. The orientation aids available (or “GPS tracks” which can be called up) do not give any reliable information about whether the area is safe to be skied in or about any current hazards. The ski resort operator has no power over who or how many persons enter the off-piste area. Consequently - as is the case generally in off-piste areas - you are exclusively responsible for your own safety and are entering the area completely at your own risk.
10. Maintenance of Hiking and Biking Trails
The maintenance of the hiking and cycling trails is not the responsibility of WINTERSPORT TIROL AG & CO STUBAIER BERGBAHNEN KG. The liability lies with external service providers.
11. Data Privacy
All information on data privacy can be found at https://www.stubaier-gletscher.com/datenschutz/
12. Information acc. §24 DSG 2000 on „Photocompare“
It should be noted that, for the purpose of access control, a reference photo of the lift ticket holder will be taken the first time they pass through a turnstile equipped with a camera. This reference photo is compared by the lift staff with those photos that are taken each time they pass through a turnstile equipped with a camera.
The reference photo is deleted immediately after the lift ticket expires, the other photos no later than 30 minutes after passing through a turnstile. It should be noted that there is also the possibility of purchasing lift tickets which are technically configured so that no photo is taken when passing through the turnstile, but random checks by the lift staff must be expected.
13. Terms for using the Internet access in the area of the Stubaier Bergbahnen KG
- The use is free of charge and limited to the duration of the presence in the area of the Stubai Bergbahnen Kg. The Stubai Bergbahnen Kg cannot accept any liability for the actual availability of Internet access.
- The use is subject to the technical possibilities. In particular, the user has no right to use the Internet Guest LAN in any specific way or for a specific period of time.
- Any liability, in particular for warranty and compensation (with the exception of intent and personal injury), is hereby excluded. In particular, no liability is assumed for the content of websites accessed or downloaded files. Furthermore, no liability is assumed for any virus attack through the use of the Internet Guest LAN. The user expressly acknowledges that the Internet Guest LAN only allows access to the Internet, but does not contain any virus protection or firewall.
- Accessing pages with illegal content and the distribution of illegal or legally protected content is prohibited.
- In particular, it is expressly forbidden for the user to use the Internet Guest LAN for downloading or for any other kind of distribution of copyrighted content.
- Any improper use of the Internet Guest LAN, in particular any use which could have adverse legal consequences for third parties or the Stubai Bergbahnen KG, is prohibited.
- Should the Stubaier Bergbahnen Kg be exposed to third party claims for any reason due to the use of the Internet Guest LAN, the user is obliged to indemnify and hold harmless the Stubai Bergbahnen Kg in this regard.
14. Warranty Disclaimer
The Stubai Glacier ski area excludes all liability, with the exception of replaceable damages that are the result of deliberate and grossly negligent, illegal or any other behaviours that is within its responsibility.
Status: 21 May 2021