At a glance…
- 13 freeride runs in the open ski area that are listed on an off-piste map and are available as GPS-tracks.
- Route videos demonstrate the route details visually.
- Freeride Checkpoints at the Eisgrat and the Gamsgarten: info panels with route descriptionstransceiver check and information on avalanche situation
- Exercise terrain for searching buried persons at the Gamsgarten: Search persons buried by avalanches with avalanche transceivers and probes. Use is free of charge. Introductory courses on request.
- Rental of safety equipment in the Intersport Shops on the Stubai Glacier
We are partners of the Freeride City Innsbruck.
You leave the secured ski area when riding on the Powder Department Runs! The runs are NOT prepared, NOT secured from avalanches (and other alpine dangers) and are NOT checked. The Powder Department Runs are – since they are open ski area - not declared open or closed.
You act exclusively at your own responsibility and are outside of the area of liability of the lift operators, which offer only the open, prepared pistes and ski routes and assume no liability whatsoever.
Freeride Runs should only be entered with a certified mountain and ski guide.
FREERIDE SKIING IN THE POWDER DEPARTMENT, STUBAI GLACIER
Tempting deep snow slopes and unspoilt downhills invite to enjoy freeride skiing. On the Stubai Glacier this trend sport is vigorously boosted with the new Powder Department. Snow safety, a great variety of lines and numerous freeride possibilities make the Stubai Glacier in the Tyrol a top freeride area in Austria.
Advertising motifs for winter sports often features skiers and snowboarders that make their way through fresh powder snow on their own. These pictures are remembered and encourage a great number of winter sports athletes to look for their adventures off the secured pistes.
The Stubai Glacier with its Powder Department proactively deals with this topic rather than ignoring it. The offer for the freeride community consists of two major areas: mapped downhills and safety management.