Climbing in Austria- Numerous Via Ferratas and Climbing Routes
The sun warms the rocks and lights up the summits. On the Stubai Glacier the eyes of climbing enthusiasts shine too.
Whoever wants to conquer the rocks up there, can do so on the via ferratas and sports climbing routes of the Fernau climbing park. You can get to the access areas in 15 minutes.
The Fernau climbing park and the Zollhütte crag at the Fernau mid-station on the Stubai Glacier.
DOWNLOAD FLYER OF THE FERNAU CLIMBING PARK
INFORMATION ON THE ZOLLHÜTTE CRAG
Exercise Via Ferratas
Various 20 – 30m-long practice via ferratas, next to the Dresdner Hütte, enable climbers to find out just how skillful they really are. Levels of...
Fernau Via Ferrata
Exposed via ferrata at a difficulty level of C, 2 sections difficulty D. Climbing: approx. 1.5 hours
Extreme via ferrata only for experienced climbers (difficulty level D to E).
Fernau Sports Climbing Routes
Seven climbing routes with a difficulty of III - VII and several alpine climbing routes.
Ice climbing tower in the middle of the ski area at the Gamsgarten mountain station.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR VIA FERRATAS
- Plan carefully!
- Adjust your goal to your personal skills!
- Use full, standardised equipment (harness, via ferrata set, helmet, mobile, first aid kit)!
- Don’t get into the route if there is danger of a thunderstorm – risk of death! Rain, wetness and cold increase the risk of falling.
- Check steel ropes and the anchors critically! Do not access closed via ferratas.
- Partner check at the access point! Harness fastening, connection of the via ferrata set with the harness, helmet.
- Keep sufficient distance! Only one person may climb between two fixed spots.
- Clear communication when overtaking!
- Pay attention to falling rocks and avoid rockfall by climbing carefully!
- Respect our nature and environment! Avoid rubbish and noise.
Based on the recommendations of the Austrian Alpine Club. Download complete check list.
Notice for climbers
The Stubaier Gletscherbahn lifts are in high-alpine terrain. Unless you are in immediate proximity of the stations, you must expect high-alpine dangers. The climbing routes and the via ferratas are not part of the offer of the Stubaier Gletscherbahn lifts. The depiction of the climbing routes and via ferratas is not sufficient for tour planning. It is absolutely necessary to inform on the level of difficulty of the respective tour, the requirements on the climbers and the nature and quality of the routes and paths before embarking on a climbing tour. The Stubaier Gletscherbahn assume no liability whatsoever for accidents happening on the via ferratas and in the alpine terrain outside of the lift stations. In case of detrimental conditions (snow, storm, fog etc.) the via ferratas and routes are considerably more difficult to climb or even unclimbable! There is life danger during thunderstorms! We recommend a personal tour consultancy in the mountain guide offices.